This must be what it sort of feels like to be a "up-there," business person or maybe someone who works for the CIA or FBI: You get flown to a city, all travel expenses paid (even your overweight baggage). You are put up in a fancy hotel with a room with two double beds all for yourself. You are shuttled around to your various meetings and "briefings." You are given special clearance badges to enter these important buildings' premises. You have a whole staff at the headquarters to make your processes go ever so smoothly.You are given a wad of cash to cover whatever it is your palate tempts you to. You do your special computer training courses. Then you wait to be sent on your government mandated mission which will be awarded with a recognition medal at the end of your service. Soon after you will be wisked away to another country where you will again recieve all you need in accomodations before embarking on your special mission. Where am I right now?? I feel like some important secret service agent or something:)
Orientation here in Denver is going well. I've met some other people also heading down to work in Antarctica, a few of which are in my same department, Shuttles. Two of the guys, here, on my crew, have been down there one season already. I have been asking them loads of questions about it all and keep getting more excited about what I hear (mostly). It sounds so interesting! I'm so curious to see what this is going to be like!
Orientation here in Denver is going well. I've met some other people also heading down to work in Antarctica, a few of which are in my same department, Shuttles. Two of the guys, here, on my crew, have been down there one season already. I have been asking them loads of questions about it all and keep getting more excited about what I hear (mostly). It sounds so interesting! I'm so curious to see what this is going to be like!
Great account of prep for traveling to job.
ReplyDeleteGma-D